yesterday I was telling sean how ugly i feel in general and we had this whole kind of exchange about it but at one point he said I was “a queen, queen of the queers” and maybe that’s enough to make up for all external reassurance I ever need ever.
- tonight’s episode featured a black character given more continuous lines, screen time, and plot importance than any other black character before in the entire series and she was A THEIF. Ridiculous, disgusting and disgraceful to say the least.
- the episode itself was really disorientating and made me feel ill and uncomfortable the entire time: Art
- I hate things that imitate the effects of drug use so that the audience can essentially feel the effects too.
- I kind of want to watch it again but I also think re-watching would make me throw up.
- The flashbacks to Don’s childhood are always boring, these just happened to be the least boring Don’s childhood flashbacks in recent memory.
- I just kept thinking about the way Dawn described the office to her friend a few episodes ago, just as like a really sad place, and I realize that she’s the only character who can really act as an outsider into the situation because she is so severely excluded as a Black person and Black woman, that she can actually look into the office in a way that sees it for how fucked up it is, whereas everyone else is clouded by their positioning within the office hierarchy.
- I really, really liked stan and peggy as a thing but not anymore, that moment could have done it but it fizzled out so quick and I appreciated Elisabeth Moss for that, she was really great this episode.
- Also Ginsberg was probably the most underrated character, and like I was saying with Dawn, Peggy and Ginsberg kind of took turns being the critical eye to the happenings of the office, but both also got sucked in at certain times too. They both were really leaning in and leaning back from the culture of the office this episode and that was interesting to witness.
- yeah yeah yeah, ken cosgrove is a baby and always has been and yes his stupid tap dancing was a great moment but I’m gonna have to re-watch the episode without commercials to really get a grasp on that, because I think it was way more important than it seemed, and not important to just him or his development but I’ll need to see again.
- damn, how did I end up loving this show.
ugh I don’t have it in me anymore, I waited so long for summer and I’m miserable, do you know what the worst thing is? Going outside and smelling everything, and smelling the earth and looking at the sky and having everything be so beautiful and just right, and not feel any of it, not be able to ingest any of it, just beating yourself up for not being able to do it. I’m really not okay and the therapist office I went to last summer still hasn’t called me back and it’s been like a few days. I can’t do it I can’t do it I can’t do it.
- love yourself like kanye loves himself
- believe in yourself like kanye believes in himself
- know you’re the shit like kanye knows he’s the shit
“FUCK KANYE WEST” the white girl says as she blasts her iPod full of Taylor Swift songs, still engulfed with rage 3 years later
“FUCK KANYE WEST” says the rational person who can recognize an egomaniac with no talent when they see one.
what was that?
Kanye’s performance on SNL tonight is all the proof I need that the Kimye baby is the second coming of Jesus Christ, because yes, Kanye West is God and Kim Kardashian is the Sacred Vessel.